Combine Tags Outside Head section

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Hi 

Im currently configuring an fully xpedited site using the twitter bootstrap theme.

I noticed that this library currently only supports having everything combined into 1 tag which is placed in the head tag.  (Where the placeholder tag is)

Would it be possible to have multiple CompositeResourcePlaceholder on the page with a "name" and then add a property to the CompositeResource tag which binds to a specific  placeholder?

That way I could have the CSS combined into the head and the scripts combined into a script tag which is included just before the end of the body.

The reason why I'd like to do this is to speed up rendering of the page when I have a large amount of scripts loading (1 to 2MB). On a slow connection the current method will result in the page being blank while the scripts are being downloaded.

Thanks in advance

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Hi,

Yes this is definitely possible, there used to be a fork that had actually implemented the exact requested feature, but it was lost when I converted the code base from mercurial to git.  If you choose to create a fork, I will happily review it and merge it in; otherwise it may be a little while before I have a chance to implement it myself given my current work load.

Best regards,

Chris

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Hi Chris

Will take a crack at it this weekend and get back to you :-)

Kind Regards

Kevin