use in usercontrols

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:36 PM

hello,

I want to combine multiple javascript files into one. but some of the javascript files are located in user controls. Is there a possibility to do this with your library.

Coordinator
Jul 4, 2011 at 1:23 PM

That would depend on what platform you are currently using (classic ASP.NET or ASP.NET MVC3) and wether or not they are your own custom user controls or from a third part. If you are using classic ASP.NET and developing your own user controls, then yes this will be possible. the classic ASP.NET Xpedite controls build up composite scripts based on "resource name" thus, if your page and user control reference the same virtual composite resource then you can combine those scripts/css together in to a single file. If you are using ASP.NET MVC or the user controls are from a 3rd party vendor (i.e., DevExpress), then there is currently no supported means of combining scripts together.

On an aside, I have thought about a couple of options for bringing in support to MVC projects so composite resources can be created across partials etc, but composite resources across 3rd party controls will likely not be implemented.